Monday morning I woke up and for some reason I thought it was Friday. Which was quite a rude awakening when I got to work and realized I had 4 whole days to go. But every day this week, I woke up and thought it was Friday. Don't ask, I have a thyroid problem.
And then on Wednesday night, when I was planning the rest of my posts for the week I thought, "I'd better get my Friday recipe edited for tomorrow..." So if you were wondering why you were getting a Friday recipe on Thursday, it's because I'm a dork.
So... in light of my enthusiasm for Friday, and because I can laugh at myself and I hope you can too, and because I love to share food above all else.... you get another recipe from my Google Reader! Happy Friday my friends, the REAL Friday.
3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Scoop the yogurt into a paper towel-lined strainer set over a bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a mini food processor, combine the drained yogurt with the olive oil, vinegar, scallions, garlic and pepper; process until smooth. Season with salt.