This is going to be a busy, busy week for me. So here are few “Crumbs” to keep you busy:
- 5 Minute Homemade Mac-n-Cheese by Picky Palate. I wouldn’t normally trust a quick mac-n-cheese but Picky Palate makes some pretty great food, so I’m going to give it a try. Oooh, and I just saw that she has a new cookbook coming out later this year!!
- Stamped Wooden Spoon: what an easy and clever way to personalize something you use every day! Would be a great wedding shower gift.
- Microwaved Chile-Lime-Ginger Beef Jerky: I dare someone to try this! I mean, it’s not like it’s on some backwoods site called www.Roadkill50Ways, it’s on Food And Wine! I’m just so curious…..
- Have you seen fiverr.com? No joke, you can find someone willing to do just about anything for $5. There are some really funny things on here.
- Regrow Your Romaine: This pinner says that you can regrow romaine lettuce from the nubs leftover. Hmmmm…. gotta give that a try.
- Mini Popovers by Shutterbean: I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I adore popovers, but I’m afraid the mini-size will fool me into thinking I can eat more of them! I cannot resist.
- Bree and I made this for our last Girl’s Wine and Cheese Night. It was yummy and not too bad on the calories because it’s made with ricotta. I think next time I would add a little more garlic, a little more rosemary, a pinch more salt, then let it sit in the fridge for an hour so the flavors meld before baking.(click the pic for the recipe)
Try something new this week!!