It's October 1st and that means the 31 Days Of... writing challenge has begun. The only problem is, I wasn't ready for it. I had plans to participate this year but alas, I just can't pull it off this time around. And the funny thing is, I'm truly bummed about it! I didn't think I would be given the rush and cramming I did last year to keep up with every-day-schedule (for the new folks, I did 31 Days Of The Simple Things), but there was a method to the madness that I really was looking forward to in 2012. But it's just not meant to be this year for me. Shucks.
That doesn't mean that you can't still catch some wonderful articles from the hundreds participating this year. You can view the whole list here but here are a few that have caught my eye:
31 Days Of...
- ... Crazy Joy from Ann Voskamp. If you are not familiar with Ann, you should run, no FLY over to her site and catch what she has to say about Joy. She is the author of the wildly popular book "100o Gifts" about gratitude. It's life-changing.
- ... Self Publishing from Erin Ulrich. Why? Why not??
- ... Sewing School from simplehomemade.net. I can sew, but I seriously need a refresher course.
- ...Children's Book Crushes from thebookdiariesblog.blogspot.com. She is a professional children's book illustrator and she's sharing some of her favorites.
- ... Jillian Michael's Shred from adayinmollywood.com. I SHOULD be doing this with her. Maybe next month...
- ...Pumpkin Goodness from randomandnottoopersonal.blogspot.com. I love a good pumpkin recipe!!
- ...Thrifty Fall Decor from creativelylivingblog.com. Fall is a great time of year to amp up your decorating and she promises some thrifty tips.
- ...Scripture Art Journaling from Erin Leigh. You know I love me some doodling and scratching out a little art work in your scripture journal is a great way to "Selah" (stop and think about it.)
Those are just a handful of the many topics being covered for this year's 31 Days. I hope you will follow a few of them!!