A few crumbs from my week:
- Yesterday I juiced a few blood oranges for this recipe. Yes, they do stain your hands. Totally worth it.
- I’ve been working on a swatch that has all the colors I would use to describe myself. It includes a lot of colors that look like this.
- Last night I was excited to make this hot toddy from shutterbean.com, then I realized I didn’t have any bourbon. Drat!
- Downton Abbey is back! Season 3 began last night, but don’t tell me anything, I won’t have a chance to watch it until tonight. Oh how I have missed Dame Maggie Smith’s snarky little remarks!
- Earlier this week I was so honored to be able to participate in this project from Brave Girls Club. Founder, Melody Ross, is taking a trip over to the Philippines to teach girls who were rescued out of the horror of human trafficking. She will be teaching them how to use art to heal their battered souls and make artwork items that can help supplement their income. Melody will be distributing the truth cards that many of us Brave Girl Art School veterans created just for this trip.
- Thanks to the new “Communities” function on Google+, I stumbled on this incredible foodie website. So many inspiring recipes and stories!
- Did you see Les Miserables yet? I just love that story, a story about redemption. Oddly, after about 15 minutes, you forget that they are singing the entire script.
Twitter Tuesday is tomorrow! Bree, myself and some of our buddies will be discussing all sorts of outrageous topics at our Twitter Tuesday Party. The party begins at 8am and will run all day long. Stop by and say “hello” using #careyandbree, we look forward to meeting you!