Can you believe this? It's Friday and I actually have our Friday Recipe post up... on time! I'm pretty sure there are pigs flying today.
So... Cinco de Mayo was last weekend and I hosted a little shindig that unexpectedly turned into a big shindig. This resulted in multiple trips to the grocery store. Also, I was paranoid that I would run out of limes and since they were on sale 10 for $1 I bought extras. Muchos. Thus, the big bowl full of limes. Clearly, I did not run out.
But I don't think I will have any trouble using them up because Spring is just the right time of year to add limes to your menu. I have a few limey-recipes in my stash, but rather than outlining just one recipe, I'm going to list a few for you that I find especially intriguing:
- Chili-Lime Quicos from The Kitchn
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa from Two Peas & Their Pod
- Margarita Bars from The Baker Chick
- Key Lime Pie Protein Shake from Dashing Dish
- Cilantro Limeade from Shutterbean
- Grouper Steamed in Parchment with Sour Orange Sauce and Martini Relish from Bobby Flay
- Lime- and Honey-Glazed Salmon with Basmati and Broccolini from Epicurious
That should be enough to get me started, right? If you have any good recipes with lime shoot them at me!