If I'm being completely honest, I don't love the Fall. <gasp!!> I know, I know! While everyone else is running around proclaiming their excitement for layered clothing, pumpkin-spice-everything and stew I'm plunging into the abyss of missing the summer sun, flip flops and the perfect excuse to eat popsicles for dinner. Plus, my body just doesn't tolerate the cooler weather. I will try to have a good attitude this year, but I can't make any promises.
That said, here's a little bit of randomness to start the season off:
- It's October 1st. IT'S OCTOBER FIRST!!!! I have no idea where the year went. And it's only 12 weeks til Christmas! I will not stress out... I will not stress out.... I will not....
- I am not participating in the 31 Days writing challenge this year. There is just too much on my plate and my brain is elsewhere BUT I would highly recommend popping over to the website and checking out all the great topics being covered this year. One that I'm going to be reading is by Corie Clark (fellow #STARTer/D&Ber) entitled Choose Simplicity. You know how much I love the Simple Things!
- Been missing the recipes? Here's one for you: baked sweet potato, pat of butter, sprinkle of chipotle powder and salt, topped with crumbled bacon. You're welcome.
- I've been following Modern Mrs. Darcy this year and she gives THE BEST book recommendations. She recently started a page on her website that highlights current Kindle sales. I got a $20 gift card to Amazon for my birthday and by watching for the sales I was able to buy at least twice as many books with that gift card. I don't always love to read electronically, sometimes I want to hold a real book in my hands. But when you compare the price of a regular book for $9.99 and an ebook on sale for $1.99, sometimes an electronic version will do just fine.
- I stumbled on this Free Little Library website and mentioned it to my book-loving-friend Penny. She is going to set one up at her house! The local school bus stop is by her house so she is going to make hers kids-focused. I'm so excited to see how it turns out and to contribute some books to little readers. The website has a map of other "certified" free little libraries so be sure to see if there is one near you!
- Speaking of books, I finished Rainbow Rowell's Attachments, which was entertaining but not nearly as engrossing as Eleanor & Park was. I'm in the middle of Beautiful Ruins which so far is living up to the hype and next will be moving on to Ken Follett's Winter of the World, which is a sequel to Fall of Giants about World War I. So far, I've loved everything I've read by Ken Follett and if you haven't tried any of his work yet, I'd suggest starting with Pillars of the Earth. It's been a fiction kind of month, maybe I will tackle some non-fiction next.
I hope your Autumn season is off to a great start! I going to buy a new coat.
** This site contains affiliate links. Accordingtocarey.com may receive a small profit for items purchased from those links.