It’s been raining for almost a week, and probably will for several more days. California does need the rain, so it’s all good. However, I am cold. I don’t like being cold. You know what would warm me up? This slow cooked recipe from Skinny Taste called Pollo In Potaccho!
I like this recipe for several reasons:
- The ingredients are all simple and usually hanging around the kitchen anyway- crushed tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, red pepper flakes, celery, onion, carrot, all the good stuff.
- There are plenty of veggies, which easily helps with my 2012 goal of eating more colors.
- It’s made with chicken thighs which are cheap, low in fat but high in flavor.
- It’s a one pot meal, less cleanup. More time to watch My Crazy Obsession. Have you seen those people? How about the people who read bedtime stories to their 500 Cabbage Patch dolls? Just…plain… weird.
- It simmers and stews on it’s own for roughly an hour. I love meals that cook themselves.
- There are directions for using a slow cooker, if you so desire.
Hope your weekend is warm and cozy!