I have been so so so incredibly busy. I know, I say that a lot but it is always true. I live a crazy, fun life. But this week is especially busy and soon I will have a very special announcement to explain why. I'm hoping by this weekend I can tell you what I've been up to... you will never-ever guess.
But in the meantime, I thought I 'd share some Everyday Art from my phone. Starting from the top, left to right:
1) I had to take a picture of this because my brother's name is Eddie, which is a really uncommon name, and he is an uncle. Then when I checked out, guess what the checker's name was? Eddie! It was weird.
2) This is my finished canvas from Brave Girls Art A La Carte class called "I have An Idea." It's a really easy project, but you learn some interesting techniques with paint and other media. I love how it turned out and it only took about 3 days, including drying time.
3) It's Fall and that means pomegranate season. And I happen to work for an "ag" business. And this pomegranate was brought back all the way from a huge pomegranate farm in Southern CA. And I happen to be an expert at opening pomegranates because we grew them on our farm. And I ate the whole thing. And it was yummy.
4) Did you know Jujube's are a real food and not just the multi-colored candies that you buy at the movie theater and they are so sticky and chewy that they can lift out your fillings? Ok smartypants, I didn't know! But they had tubs of them at Whole Foods last week and I was sooo tempted to buy them just to see what I could do with them. But I knew it was going to be a busy week so I passed. Maybe they will be there again next week. I still don't know what they are exactly... a nut? A fruit? A vegetable?
Don't be so busy that you forget to stop and wonder at the little things!
I am so excited to be able to share this with you because I have taken both of the online courses Melody Ross and her Brave Girls Club has offered. They changed my life and I have encouraged many gals to take either/both of those courses. BUT…if you have been waiting to take Soul Restoration I or II because:
- Haven’t been able to make the time commitment (8 or 6 weeks)
- Haven’t been able to afford it ($99 per class)
- Haven’t yet been brave enough to do it (it’s ok, I understand)
If any of the above applies to you, I have great news for you! In 2012 Melody is unrolling a bunch of new mini-courses and as a sneak-peak-preview, 2 of them will be available for registration tomorrow, Tuesday October 18! Yaaaaahooooo!
They are part of a series called “Life Art A La Carte” and the first course is called Soul Book. Having taken both SRI and SRII I can tell from the pics that this class will be a much smaller riff on her Soul Restoration curriculum, and yet if I know Melody, it will have a flair all it’s own. Here are some teaser pics:
This class is a 6-hour project and it only costs $25! My dears, that is a BARGAIN for a curriculum that will bring you so much joy. You can find out more here.
The other class is called “I Have An Idea” and is based on this project:
It is an art project designed to help you embrace your inspirations. It is a 3 hour class and the cost is just $10. Get out, that is a steal! You can find more info here.
I’m taking both courses, hope you will too! I can’t add enough exclamation points, sign up!!!!
Of all the topics for Brave Girls to send out in the daily “Little Bird Told Me”! You can read the rest of the article http://www.bravegirlsclub.com/dailytruths/sep2711.htm but here is an excerpt:
Sometimes we complicate things when they really are quite simple. Sometimes the answer to a problem, or the answer to a prayer is so very sweet and small and simple that we just can not believe that it could be true….(read more)
Everything comes into our lives exactly when it’s supposed to, lasts exactly as long as it’s supposed to last, and teaches us exactly what we are supposed to learn.
via One step forward, two steps back… « Brave Girls' Club.
just feelings « Brave Girls' Club.
"They’re just feelings. They are not who you are or what you believe. All they want is some attention. So give them some attention and then teach them the truth."
Read the rest of this insightful post at Brave Girls' Club.