Just a few leftovers from my week:
- I think whole chickens and Cornish game hens are funny food props. I like to make them sing and dance, even if I'm the only one in the kitchen. True story. Last weekend I made a simple dinner of game hen, marble potatoes and carrots, similar to this recipe. I trussed it and everything.
- Wonder Twin pinned this idea and I think it's brilliant! Instead of buying a bed skirt that slides all over and is impossible to put on straight, upholster the box spring with a staple gun! Now I'm in search of the perfect fabric.
- My Great-Grandma Pat used to sing a nursery rhyme to me when I was little, but it was in Polish so I never understood a word of it but it had hand motions, similar to "This Little Piggy Went To Market" and I remember it was about birds leaving a nest. Somehow I stumbled on this explanation of the poem and now I know what she was saying! I wish I knew someone who could say it still. Jake would get a kick out of it.
- Isn't this forest animals print adorable? I might need it. And not just because there are dancing squirrels.
- If you watch Downton Abbey you MUST watch this clip from Jimmy Fallon!
- Aren't these linen tea towels wonderful? I am a sucker for a tea towel.
...and don't forget...
Today is Twitter Tuesday with #careyandbree! It's a Twitter party with myself, Bree and some of our best buddies, where we talk about... whatever crosses our minds! Recently we decided that Bree's favorite animal is a fox which set off a whole chain of fox-finding-fun. Who knows what today will bring! Join us on Twitter by following hashtag #careyandbree!