If you follow me on Instagram (click here to follow!), you were able to see my newest Stitch Fix box and catch a glimpse of each piece of clothing they sent me. After all was said & done, I got a lot of questions about what Stitch Fix is, how it works, whether or not I like it, etc. so I promised I would post a few more details about all the fun and glamour of Stitch Fix. Ready? Here we go!
HOW STITCH FIX WORKS
It's so simple!
- Visit Stitch Fix online. After creating a Sign In account you may have to wait a day or two before your account is ready to go but they will send you a confirmation email when it's time to take the next step towards receiving your first Stitch Fix.
- You will be guided through a series of questions that help to narrow down your own personal clothing style, your sizes, your expectations and your price point. This is called your "Style Profile". You can make changes to your Style Profile at any time. It's a pretty thorough survey but it's fun to fill out.
- Next you will be prompted to schedule your first "fix"! A "fix" is when a Stitch Fix stylist looks over your Style Profile and chooses items for you to try on based your feedback in the Style Profile. If you have a special event coming up or are looking for something specific you will have an opportunity to tell your stylist and they will do their best to include it in your "fix". A "fix" includes 5 items that could be tops, bottoms, shoes, jewelry or other accessories.
- After entering your payment information and you set a date to receive your "fix". You will pay $20 to have the "fix" sent to you. This $20 can be used as credit towards the purchase of any of the items in your "fix". Once your "fix" arrives, you have three days to try on all the items, decide what you want to keep and send back anything you do not want to keep in the enclosed, postage paid bag. If you choose to send back all 5 items your $20 will be kept to pay for the cost of shipping and the stylist's time.
- Finally, you go back to Stitch Fix online and tell them what you liked, what you didn't like and why, what you're keeping, what you're sending back. They will total your purchases (if any), check you out and send you a receipt via email.
WHY I LOVE STITCH FIX
OK, I've done 2 "fixes" so far and I have to tell you: I love, love Stitch Fix! Here are a few reasons why:
- You are not obligated to order "fixes" on a schedule (monthly, quarterly, etc.) You can order as few or as many "fixes" as you want. It's up to you! This is important to me because only I know when I'm ready to buy new clothing.
- I don't enjoy shopping. Shopping, to me, is a necessary evil. And since I live in a small town with very clothing stores, I have to do most of my clothes shopping out of town. When you add up the fuel, the driving time, the aimless wandering around the mall, returning to do returns... it eats up a large amount of my time, money and patience. With Stitch Fix, I have a personal stylist doing all the footwork for me.
- I can't accurately describe the fun of receiving that Stitch Fix box, opening it up and discovering what they have sent you to try on. It's kinda like Christmas. It actually makes shopping enjoyable.
- Price point. You have 3 options for price point: low, mid, high. Most of my tops are selected on the "mid" price point. For example, in my last box I received 5 tops and each top was priced between $48-$58. Again, you can update your Style Profile at any time so if you wanted some lower priced items in your next "fix" just change your settings.
- The clothing and accessories that the stylists choose are not from your run-of-the-mill store brands. These are lesser known, up & coming labels that are looking to get their brands out to the public.
- The stylists are paying attention to your feedback! In my first "fix" I received an open-weave cardigan that was adorable but didn't fit me quite right. I told them in my feedback that I liked the idea of the open weave and in my 2nd "fix" I received another open weave top to try on (the one you see above) and I really loved it. They can also use your Pinterest boards to see what types of clothing catch your eye.
- If by some chance I fall in love with every single piece they send me, I receive a 25% discount for buying all 5. Secretly I'm hoping this never happens! But if it does, I get 25% plus my $20 credit off the cost of all 5 items. That's a pretty good deal!
- You can earn $25 for every person you refer to Stitch Fix using the special direct link provided. That's how I got my last "fix": my sister-in-law signed up for her first "fix", I got a $25 credit for referring her, which I was able to apply to the black/white striped blouse below. Free clothes!