Here are the leftovers from last week:
1. George Strait is on his final tour and I had the privilege to go this past week. I have been listening to George Strait practically my whole life and it was a little surreal watching him and realizing that I would never again hear him live. He sang about 1,000 songs, all chart toppers and it was grand.
2. I think I must be the last person on the planet to jump on the This American Life Podcast bandwagon but the past few weeks I have really gotten into it. This last week's podcast on Surrogates was fascinating, especially Act 2 which was about a family who adopted a grown man who had served time in prison for the violent murder of his parents. How's that for a Monday morning? I know it is terribly morbid and ugly, but the story is told by one of the daughters of that family and is more about their dysfunction than the ex-con. It's fascinating, oops I said that already. But it is. Surrogates | This American Life.
3. I don't know what happened but lately my Pinterest traffic has just about quadrupled and all because of my recipe for my Great Grandmother's Oil Pie Crust. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled! But I didn't realize how popular granny's recipe would be!
4. Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing. I like all five of those words.
5. I have been looking for a quick and easy tutorial on sketching the human form. I just always seem to get the proportions wrong. I stumbled on this YouTube tutorial and she does such a great job of putting all into plain English, and concisely. There are 3 parts.
6. In celebration of the upcoming Valentine's Day, I did my nails like this. It was so easy, too! I didn't do glitter, just a red heart on a gray base.
7. One of my hair stylists (yes, I have several. This mop takes many hands to tame it) told me about this nifty appliance by Fagor that not only is a pressure cooker, but also is a rice cooker AND slow cooker. I'm so curious.....
And in case you missed it, I shared this recipe last week:
Also, tomorrow don't forget the Tuesday Twitter Party with #caryeandbree! She doesn't know it yet, but tomorrow we are going to write a song!