I love Pinterest for so many reasons but the biggest reason is that it allows me to be a hoarder without taking up any physical space. This, however, has created a huge problem with my Food Stuff Board- it has grown to a morbidly obese size and isn’t all that helpful when you are trying to find something specific. One board for everything from appetizers to side dishes to desserts just doesn’t work. So earlier this week I sat down and started sifting through my Food Stuff Board, breaking it down into smaller categories. So far I have created new boards dedicated solely to appetizers, beverages, gluten free, sweets, breads and soups.
I won’t lie, it wasn’t a super fun task and I’m only about halfway through. But I had a good laugh at myself for how many times I pinned the exact same recipe for braised short ribs. I reeeeeeally wanted to remember that one!
Another plus to all this organizing was remembering all the great recipes I have stored like this recipe for Spanish Chicken with Chorizo & Potatoes from Nigella Lawson. I’ll tell you a few reasons why I liked this recipe:
- It requires only one pan. ONE!
- Potatoes and chicken, classic family favorites. Kids and adults alike will eat this meal.
- It cooks in the oven, which means I am not slaving away over a stove. After a minimal amount of prep, I can toss all the ingredients together, put it in the oven and walk away. An hour later, dinner is served.
- The seasonings are simple: oregano. I know what you’re thinking, “What about the salt??!” Don’t’ forget how spicy and salty chorizo can be. Hold off on adding any salt until after it’s done cooking. You might not need any.
- This recipe heartily serves 6 but you can easily cut it in half for a smaller group.
- Um, helllllooooo, it’s from Nigella. I adore Nigella. Sometimes I study her makeup so I can try to look more like Nigella. Imitation is the best form of flattery, right? But if I start talking with a phony British accent you should be concerned.
You can find the full recipe over at Nigella’s site but I can give you the “gist” really quick: Preheat the oven to approximately 425 degrees. Drizzle 2 baking sheets with olive oil. Add the chicken, tossing to coat in the oil. Add the rest of the ingredients (chorizo, onion, potato, oregano, orange zest) and pop in the oven for about 1 hour, giving the pans a quick turn at the halfway mark.
And if you’re looking for even more inspiration, feel free to pop on over to my Pinterest boards and see what other lovely meals I plan to try!
Have a great weekend everyone, I hope you get all your holiday shopping done!